Being in IT industries, I have seen quite an ugly face of humanity and professional environment. Seen people ‘not giving a fudge’ attitude, fake sense of ownership, and on top of everything: ‘Deliver only on demand’ culture. This culture not only blocks people’s personal growth, it will take the fun out of any workplace where you are going to spend at least 8 hours a day. All these motivated me to find out what really goes on well developed tech giants, like, Google or Facebook. Work rules will give you the perfect opportunity to see Google’s culture through Lazlo’s eyes. Couple of cultural norms in Google which has more impact on it’s success are here.
- In Google, people’s endeavor for problem solving is celebrated along with achievement. People are given higher priority among everything else.
- Employees are motivated to talk about problem. It is said that “every time you open your mouth you add value”. Innovation tends to occur in the structural whole of social groups.
- Googlers don’t restrict themselves to creating products. They also involve themselves in deciding how Google run the company.
- Managers find out which process works and which doesn’t. Starting from hiring practices to open office culture, every decision is made not based on intuition but on data experiments, an idea human being can apply to this daily life. Every meeting ended with an immediate feedback, and a plan to continue to do or change for the next time.
- Google came up with the idea of bringing employee’s parents to their workspace, an act which brought tears to lot of the parents, an golden moment which brought parents, employees and Google together.
- They installed micro kitchen to draw people from different team to share ideas and goal, an attempt to let people relax, refresh and connect with one another. Google believes the handful of people who operate in the overlapping space between groups tend to come up with better ideas. Creativity is import-export game. It’s not a creation game.
- To change human behavior, you have to give them a nudge. Google tried to implement this by initiating no-meet-monday.
- Being true to your values, not being perfect.
Following lines are added directly form book for future inspirational read only.
“One of my hopes in writing this book is that anyone reading it starts of thinking themselves as a founder”
“If you expect little from your employees, that’s what you’ll get”
“Employee have tendency to follow orders”
“it turns out when you present people with reality, they want to get better”
“ Out first twenty years are spent being compared to others” — Regarding school
Boss’s attitude towards employee “ How can I help you be more successful”?
“if people are good, they should be free”
“Culture eats strategy for breakfast
Ten steps to transform your team and your workplace
- Give your work meaning
- Trust your people
- Hire only people who are better than you
- Dont confuse development with managing performance
- “If you marry criticism with consequence, if people feel that a miss means that they will be hurt professionally or economically, they will argue instead of being open to learning and growing”.
- Focus on the two tails
- Learn from you better tail, pepper them with questions, use the opportunity to suck every bit of knowledge out of them
- Be frugal and generous
- Pay unfairly
- Arrange your physical space in a way that encourages behaviors you want – knock down the walls if you need collborative environment
- Manage the rising expectation
- Enjoy! and then go back to No. 1 and start again